OK, so of course as soon as I resolve to start blogging more, our computer crashes! This blog is from Kevin's work computer, so it won't have any pictures, but I figured keeping up was better than nothing.
Right now Kate and Graham are having a blast being outside as much as possible! We've been working in the yard, planting our first (and very experimental) garden, playing on the swingset the kids got for Christmas, and pulling out the kiddie pools whenever the weather is warm enough. My kids LOVE the water. At least the bath and the kiddie pool, we'll see if Kate will be more up for the big pool this summer. Graham has NO fear whatsoever. It's hilarious to see him dive right in, get a mouthful of water and come up laughing. We have to be careful not to let him see us setting up the kiddie pools until we're ready for him to get in because he'll throw a fit until we cave. :)
As far as "milestones," Graham is trying to say lots of new words. He can say most any "b" word: ball, bubble, book, baby....as well as "pa-pa" for "paci," and mama and dada. The funniest words he says are "poo-poo" (which he says in a really deep voice) and today he said "pee-pee" after I asked Kate if she needed to go pee-pee in the potty. Today he also said "cookie" for the first time. It actually came out perfectly, and it said it really low, too - it was so cute! He still MOSTLY just points and says "aah" when he wants something, and still uses a few signs: please, all done, and up (sometimes "more"). He is still hanging on to his paci, which we try to only let him have in the crib. We've been getting him to throw it in the crib when he wakes up in the mornings, but then FIRST thing when we let him down from the highchair after breakfast, he crawls in his room, reaches into his crib, and pulls his blanket out through the rungs because he's learned that most of the time, his paci will come out with it! :) If that doesn't work, he'll point to his crib and kinda fuss until KATE will go in there, fish his paci out, and give it to him. He's got street smarts for sure! He's walking everywhere now and copying EVERYTHING Kate does. If she's holding a baby, he goes to get one; if she sits on the couch, he gets up there; if she has on shoes, he wants shoes....it's crazy how early that starts. They catch on to each others "games" and crack each other up all the time now and it's one of my favorite things. Like the other morning at breakfast, Kate blew on her food and it made a silly noise...2 seconds later Gray had figured it out and they were doing it back and forth just laughing hysterically!
Kate is changing SO much, too. It's really hard to put into words the new things she's doing, it's just like in general she is a child now and not a baby. She talks NONstop, wants to help Mommy do EVERYTHING, and loves to do arts/crafts. She still loves to read, play with her baby dolls, dress-up in tutus, and watch Sesame Street. Cute things she says lately are "What's that hear sound?", "Sorry, Mommy, I not mean to." (we have NO idea where she got this from, we haven't even really taught her "sorry," maybe it's something one of us says and we don't realize it), "Kate wants to pink." (meaning paint) When she prays at night she's been copying our prayers a little and it goes something like this: "Thank you for Daddy, Mommy, Kate, Graham, and NEW little baby ("new" is always said in a cute little high-pitch voice). Help 'em grow." She always amazes us with her singing. She picks up songs IMMEDIATELY and has learned songs lately like "Father Abraham," "Joshua and the Battle of Jericho," "Skinna-merinky-dinky-dink" (however you spell that), and "Oh How I Love Jesus" (our favorite). We're also amazed by how she ALWAYS knows what Graham wants. Sometimes we'll be baffled at why he's fussing and she'll say "Gray wants his juice." Sure enough - she's right! Never fails! Kev and I both love this so much!
OK, it's getting late. I know there are so many more things I could say about the cute/sweet/funny things they do, but I'll have to save it for another day. I seriously LOVE these kids. I can't believe we get to have another one and see what kind of dynamic he adds to our family. Counting down the THIRD trimester now! He'll be here soon!
Friday, April 23, 2010
Just to keep up
Posted by jlott at 8:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm so glad you're doing this! The more we write down, the more we remember! I love hearing about your children. It makes me miss you all even more!
Post a Comment