Lately we've just been sitting here collecting so many adorable pictures and great blog ideas, and just when I think I've solved our computer problem, it just messes up again! It's waaay beyond frustrating at this point, so here comes another photoless update....
We've officially started our busy summer here in Camden and although we are so exhausted, everyone is having a blast and the kids have been sleeping really great! :) We kicked off the month of May with a visit to Charleston for Kevin's family reunion - it was so much fun to be outside on a beautiful Saturday enjoying family, lots of great food, fun new family reunion t-shirts, and most of all: paddleboats! Graham didn't LOVE it because the lifejacket he had to wear was completely uncomfortable, but even he got over it when we started chasing turtles around the pond. They loved that the turtles came close enough to the boat that they could almost touch them!
The next weekend, Kate and Graham got to stay the whole weekend with Nana and Papa here at home while Kevin and I went to Charleston to celebrate our 6th Wedding Anniversary!! It's so hard to believe how time flies. Kevin planned a great weekend for us, but kept most of it a surprise until we got there (I knew we were headed to Charleston, but I was so surprised at the details)! He booked us a package at the Mills House Hotel, complete with gift cards for dinners at some wonderful restaurants! We spent most of our time just walking around the city, but we also got to eat some amazing seafood dinners at AW Shucks and Blossom, made a late-night visit to Kaminsky's, shopped King Street and the Market, went for a swim in the pool at the hotel, and managed to grab an order of Tommy Texas Cheese Fries on our way out of town! It was truly such an awesome weekend!
Last weekend Kevin and Willy T fixed the AC in his car, while Kate and Graham and I attempted a swim with Miss Elaine at their pool on Friday. (Thanks, Thompsons!) Saturday we got to go see Josh and Elizabeth get married! It was such a beautiful wedding and so much fun getting to see all the Keesey/Bryant family again for the first time in years! Sunday we had a huge church picnic and the kids were SO good, it was truly such an enjoyable time for everyone!
Meanwhile during all this fun, we're staining/painting a new kitchen table, having a built-in cabinet system installed, trying to grow a small vegtable garden in the backyard, and tonight is the big night for Graham to try out his new big boy bed!! Kate and I have started working on her alphabet during Gray's morning nap. We're making an ABC Book, one letter each day. So far we're on the letter D. She isn't necessarily able to label the letters on her own, but she's getting pretty good at pointing them out if you give her a couple choices. Graham is such a copy cat lately...a couple funny ones happened the other day when I had given both of the kids some junk mail to play with. Kate asked me to help her lick the envelope closed. Graham immediately went to get his envelope and gave it to me to hold up so he could lick it. It was so funny! Earlier that morning, Kate was dancing around in her tutu and Graham went to get a tutu then held it up for me to put it on him. I refused the first couple times when Kate said "Gray wants a tutu on," but about the 3rd time when Graham said "please," I gave in. By the time Kevin walked in the room, Graham was wearing a purple tutu and purple high heel dress shoes. I spared him the later embarrassment of taking a picture, but I just HAD to include it in the post! :)
I can think of a million more stories to share, but this post is long enough already....hopefully we'll have some pictures to add in soon!
0 comments:
Post a Comment