CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our Not-So-Little Girl

Last week I posted about Graham and his first 10 weeks, but I want to be sure not to leave out our precious little Kate, who is growing more and more into a little girl and leaving the "baby" role up to her little brother  now! Kate turned 19 months on Sunday and it's hard to believe she's closer to 2 now than 1! She definitely acts like it, too!

We are more and more impressed with the things she just "picks up" without even being taught...for instance, a few weeks ago I was reading/singing an ABC book with Kate and after I said "A, B, C" Kate proceeded to sing the rest of the letters all the way through H! Neither of us realized she was picking up on her alphabet, but sure enough a few days later, she sang through S! I've heard her sing the whole alphabet now (some letters don't come out quite right, but it's obvious what she's singing) and count from 1-10 (usually missing 1 number - either 8 or 9)!! Evidently during a trip to Saint George last week, she pointed out a star, heart, and circle to Michelle! How is my little Kate old enough to be learning all this stuff?!?!  

Kate has definitely become a fan of singing in general. She'll sing Elmo's song (the lalala part), the ABC's, Old McDonald (the EIEIO part followed by a "oink, oink"), Jesus Loves Me (she sings "Jesus, Jesus loves me, Bible" and kinda hums the in between parts), the Wheels on the Bus (she sings "Round and Round, Round and Round, the Town," again humming in between and doing the motions). A few weeks ago I played Ring Around the Rosy with her maybe twice, and about a week ago I started singing it while I was feeding Graham and she immediately started spinning around and fell down at the end! I didn't realize she would remember! Since then she's been singing "Ashes, Ashes, DOWN!" and spinning and falling...so adorable! 

Her vocabulary is still growing and her pronunciation of words getting so much better! "Movie" sounds like it should now, as  opposed to "Bo0Boo." She refers to things as being "Mommy's" or "Daddy's" or "Graham's" - especially our shoes, keys/purses, and Grahams bottles, paci's, etc. I could go on and on and on about how much she is learning and how precious she is! We are definitely just so amazed at her and are so thankful that Kate was finally discharged from the developmentalists that she had to see ever since her seizures! Her neurologist was also impressed at our last visit (in February) and we don't have to see him again for a year! God has truly been so good to us, to Kate, and we are so thankful for all of your prayers! Please keep praying for her and for our family!

A few recent pics:




1 comments:

Lorren said...

Wow! What a smarty! Savi has a lot to live up to! She's going to learn so much from her best buddy Kate!