CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, November 24, 2008

Kate's Nursery

This post is mainly for me. I never got around to taking pictures of Kate's nursery and I wanted to make sure I did before we started changing things around for the baby. There are a few things I never finished that I wanted to: making white liners for the baskets on the changing table and finding a box spring for the 2nd twin bed (evidently you can't buy them separately anymore b/c of a fire hazard and I can't seem to find one on craigslist). Anyway, otherwise, this room is PERFECT to me - exactly what I would dream of having for my little girl, but never would've thought possible! It's been through many transformations (I'll have to go find the pictures before we added the twin beds and all the pictures) and it's already quite different as we have cleared everything out to teach Kate to sleep in the twin bed (post coming later). As crazy as the cinderblock walls are and the hardware poking out of the walls from where this room was once a dentist's office, I can't even imagine a day when we move and I can't just go sit in the glider and remember holding my precious little girl in those first days of life and even now at times as she lets me. Not that we're moving any time soon, but it gets me thinking of everything sweet and perfect about this little room: middle of the night feedings as I tried to figure out nursing, singing to my sweet baby after she'd fallen asleep in my arms, reading to her before naptime, many of those first giggles on the changing table, trying to crawl and going backwards underneath the crib, checking on her every night before we head to bed...these are only some of my most cherished memories and all you parents know that words can't express how precious this time is! I couldn't be more thankful that the Lord has first of all given me such an amazing husband, an all together wonderful daughter, and this sweet little baby boy that we'll get to meet in just over a month, but also that He's provided a way for me to have the privilege of staying home with my children and witnessing all of these beautiful moments!! 






0 comments: