Well, I have once again been so slack at blogging, but I'll try to catch everyone back up, starting with our family vacation back at the beginning of August...
Kevin, Kate, and I went to Crossville, TN to Fairfield Glade for the week! We were in a really small town with not much to do, but it was PERFECT for us! We were able to be outside a lot and still have Kate back home for her nap on most days. We spent a few days just around the resort we were staying in - at the pool a couple times, out to dinner, and one day we rented a pontoon boat on one of the 11 lakes there. We took one day to go to Cumberland Plateau State Park where we did a short hike (and quickly realized how out of shape we are), spent one day in Chattanooga at the TN Aquarium and Lookout Mountain, went to Falls Creek Falls State Park one day for some MAJOR hiking followed by a trip to Cumberland Caverns. We ended up the trip in Birmingham, AL for a little family visit at my cousin's graduation, but I'll include those pictures in a different blog. I think we figured out that we clocked 31 hours in the car over the week!! :) Kate did an amazing job, though, and was a hit everywhere we went with her constant smiling and waving. We were so thankful to Kevin's boss, Brian, for loaning us their "baby backpack" to carry Kate on all our hikes. She LOVED that thing! I really cannot say enough what an amazing time this was for our family!
At the top of Lookout Mountain
Hiking at Cumberland Plateau State Park
Mommy and baby hiking

Kate loving her little backpack!
Kate loving her little backpack!
0 comments:
Post a Comment